There are endless ways to entertain the kids (or grandkids!) all year round around WEST. We’ve chosen the top 10 things to do in our neck of the woods these school holidays.
- National Railway Museum at Port Adelaide – the kids can explore over 100 exhibits of trains and get to ride on one too! For further info click here
- Bike ride from beach to beach – take advantage of the many hike and bike trails on the coast and cycle from gorgeous beach to gorgeous beach. You can walk or cycle all the way from North Haven to Henley and beyond.
- Have an ice-cream at Semaphore – whether your poison is creamy ice cream from Copenhagen or delicious gelato from Gelato Bello, Semaphore Road has you covered. Take a stroll along the jetty to burn off all that sugar after.
- A trip on the Dolphin Explorer – board the boat at Port Adelaide and cruise along the Port River on the lookout for dolphins. This popular local attraction sees people come from all over the world to check out our friendly water friends….and it’s right on our doorstep. Book your ticket here
- Picnic in the park – there are so many beautiful green spaces to explore and enjoy – and why not take your own picnic?! We have a number of parks and reserves right here at WEST for little kids (and big kids!) to enjoy. Kick the footy in Pine Park, watch the ducks in the water feature in Central Park, or jump across the road and have a play in newly completed Maramba Reserve.
- Catch the latest flick – enjoy the charm of the Odeon Theatre on Semaphore Road with its pink décor, or check out the latest action blockbuster at the Reading Cinemas Westfield West Lakes.
- Charles Sturt Libraries – Each school holidays the City of Charles Sturt Libraries offer a varied range of School Holiday workshops to keep all ages busy! Eclectically ranging from Fast Fitness clinics, weaving classes, photography clinics to treasure hunting expeditions. For information and dates click here
- Fancy a round of mini golf? – the Semaphore foreshore is the place for friendly family competition.
- Walk historic Port Adelaide – this state heritage area is a mecca for imposing colonial architecture, is rich in history, and we hear it’s even home to a ghost or two! Check out the haunted haunts on a Ghost Crime Tour (if you’re game!) – find out more here
- Stand Up Paddle board around West Lakes – get fit and say hi to the pelicans at the same time. Want to win your very own SUP? Check out our Instagram @live_west and Facebook page @LIVE WEST on how to win.
How many can you fit in these school holidays?